PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as Device Information.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site we collect certain information from you including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as Application Information. When you submit an application and/or form we also collect identifiable information such as names, addresses, phone numbers and social security numbers. All information is securely transmitted at the Site and sensitive information is encrypted.
Social Security Numbers
Social Security numbers are always considered confidential and are therefore subject to the limits of use and access described in this policy. In addition, Free Chapel College will continue to collect and process Social Security Numbers limited only to instances in which that number is required by law or contract or instances where there is a legitimate business or academic need authorized by Free Chapel College administration.
Free Chapel College, its faculty, staff and students must adhere to Georgia Law (O.C.G.A 10-1-393.8). Free Chapel College and the Site ensures the connection is secure using 256-bit encryption as well as encrypted data.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Application Information that we collect generally to fulfill any applications placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for background check, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Application Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our applications for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us (submitting an application), secure a background check and/or related information.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use identifiable information to secure background checks and other information. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you submit an application or place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Application Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
1290 McEver Road,
Gainesville, GA, 30504
+1 (678) 677-8300
Updated June 02, 2018